Open Enrollment is Here! Select a plan by Dec 15 to get covered for 2018.
Don’t have a plan yet? Visit Washington Health Benefit Exchange for information.
All health plans offered through Washington Healthplanfinder are required to provide all 10 of the essential health benefits, which include the following:
- Doctor visits and hospital stays
- Trips to the emergency room
- Care before and after your baby is born
- Mental health and substance use treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Services and devices to help you recover if you get injured or if you have a disability or chronic condition
- Lab tests
- Preventive services including counseling, screenings, and vaccinations
- Management of a chronic disease, like diabetes or asthma
- Pediatric care
Levels of Coverage
Health plans also come in categories called metal levels. The four categories of coverage are Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Metal levels differ based on how you and your plan share the costs of your care. All plans offer the standard health benefits listed above, no matter what metal level you choose. Often, if your monthly premium payment is low, the cost of getting care when you go to the doctor will be higher. Higher premiums mean paying lower costs out of your own pocket for things such as drugs or hospital stays.